Saturday, March 8, 2008

Shredding Cheese








Yesterday evening I was making dinner and decided to shred some cheese even though I had a bag of pre- shredded,I thought it would be nice to try something different . Well I can't believe how weak I've become. It was a real effort to hold on to the shredder, and the cheese, and hardly anything was happening . By the time I was done I was exhausted, and my arms and neck were killing me.

Five years ago I was a real DIY person, installing laminate floors and ceiling fans( those babies are heavy) .I built a veranda and now I can't even tackle a little pile of cheese.

I nearly fell down the basement stairs too. When I get that awful fatigue that leaves me brain dead, I do stupid things. I injure myself, I trip , don't pay attention to where I'm going or what I'm doing. I try to remind myself to be careful, to take it easy. That's not easy . I'm not use to taking it easy.

So no more cheese shredding for me at least . I'm sticking to the bagged stuff , which is equally good.

I need to put all my convenient but good food items tips in one post and then keep adding to it, rather than have them all over the place.

It's snowing again !! Guess I won't be going too far today.

No comments: