Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Season 2015



Here's  a pic of the very first Christmas wreath that I have made myself, and all from scratch.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. I  was accepted to be a mentor at the local community college, New Brunswick Community College. It's to help people who want to start their own business and need some free advice. I'll be writing a separate post about that program  as soon as I get permission from the college and my mentee.  Anyway, one thing led to another, and I was asked to join a wreath making course.

What fun it was and great to learn how simple the technique is.   I could have kept going for hours.The only thing is, as usual, my MS decided that I was using far too much energy. I came home after the course and crashed out. I was too tired to eat or even get myself a glass of water.  I was lying there for about three hours and got up only because of the bathroom. One of my fears with MS, and I know this might sound silly; I worry that I'm going to pee the bed.  It's never happened, yet, but, I have done it  in public, and even worse than that. It was when I didn't know I had MS and didn't know how deadly being out in the hot sun was for me.

I blamed it on a weak bladder, irritable bowel, my doctor said it was due to ---------( fill in the blank with anything but MS).

I will never get use to having this condition. It frustrates the hell out of me. I can go swimming and swim laps for an hour and feel fine, but try to read a book; forget it, I can barely manage a couple of pages.  I can make a wreath, but I can't do that and socialize at the same time.  I can go to a Christmas party , have a good time, and  then on the way home lose my wallet (An honest person found it)

So that's my life. I can only do one thing everyday.  Well, if that one thing is a  making a nice wreath.I guess that's  not so bad.

No comments: