Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Protein Diet

For about ten days now I have been on a protein diet. I just wasn't able to stay on a regular diet, so I thought I would give this a try for just a few weeks. Yeah I know it's not supposed to be good for you, bad for the kidneys and all that. Well I did my research and it's only bad if you already have a kidney ailment or heart condition. I'm doing the modified diet that includes vegetables and salads with a maximum of 100 grams of carbs per day.

So far the results are good. I have no cravings, no hunger pangs, and unlike other diets, I don't spend my day thinking about food. It's been fairly easy to follow, although I have to say it's not something I could do for a long time. I love pasta and sweets  too much to give them up forever!!

Yeah I know a moderate diet and exercise are the right way to go These days that regime isn't working for me and I am packing on the pounds.  My clothes are so tight and I refuse to go out and buy new stuff in a bigger size. This week I was able to get into a pair of shorts and do them up easily; couldn't last week. 

OK, so I will most likely  gain all the weight back, but that happens with every diet.


One unexpected side benefit: My teeth feel so clean!! 

6 comments:

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,
Always good to have a change.
Love,
Herrad

Diane J Standiford said...

I think I could be happy with just meat, but I also want to go vegan...I'm a very confused person. When did eating become so complicated?

Have Myelin? said...

I gained a ton of weight on IV Steroids and it took me forever it lose them.

Finally got them off and they're staying off thank goodness.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Do what makes you feel good! Not every diet works for everyone. As long as this is making you happy I say go for it! I sometimes think that the low self esteem that can go with being overweight can be worse than almost any diet could be. Good luck!

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,
Thanks for your card was a brilliant surprise, the heat has knocked me out so much I forgot to let you know that I had got it.
Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Taxingwoman said...

Thanks for all the kind words. I really appreciate it The diet is working
Diane I have a huge roll of fat under my shirt!!