Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Year End








Here's a few snaps I took with my new phone . You think  it would be a simple thing to do, and it is, so long as you ignore the software that comes with the phone. I wasted a precious hour of my life downloading all this junk, not realizing it is totally unnecessary. If I had a jar that  I could put all the hours in that  I have wasted on technology;  I wonder how many stolen hours that  would be? Best not think about it .

The goalie statue is in front of the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.  It's a tribute to  Jacques Plante, the first goalie to wear a mask. Yes Clint Benedict, did wear a mask in the 1930's, but that was only to protect his face after an injury. Plante is the first to wear one regularly to prevent injury and set the standard.  Now every goalie wears a mask. Yes we humans do progress sometimes to avoid  doing dumb things, even if we resist at first.

 The blurry Christmas tree was taken at the Christmas Market in the Distillery District. They took and old whiskey factory and converted it to condos and retail spaces. Imagine;  candles that cost $36 each  !!


  I was in Toronto finishing my Christmas shopping. I tried hard to avoid the mall, yet had to venture there when the big box electronics store didn't have the item I wanted. That's what I get for procrastinating.
What insanity! Watch out for the people walking in crowds, listening to their IPods,  text messaging,  totally oblivious.  People who can't even sit down for five minues to eat their food;  walking around with  a stinky hot dog in one hand, a coffee in the other,  ignoring the " please no food or drinks" signs. I mean are we really in that much of a hurry?

The remaining  photos are from different art galleries and I can't remeber which. I wasn't supposed to take any pictures, but I didn't know that. I don't get why some galleries are OK with you taking pictures and others aren't. The blue and grey picture is one that I edited in my phone to make it look like a drawing. It's a guy's foot.

Good Grief! Only ten days till Christmas. I'm a little worried about the visiting I have to do over the holidays.
My hot/cold spells are driving me crazy! Not so much because I can't cope. It's  more to do with the reactions I get. I'm  so not in the mood for people who will either  feel sorry for me or tell me to pull up my socks.

1 comment:

Diane J Standiford said...

Great pix, I am JUST figuring out my camera phone (phone camera?). Love the hockey player.