Monday, May 17, 2010

Paint Job

Not sure how much blogging I'll be able to do in the next couple of weeks I'm having my house painted inside and out! This is something I have never done before, so I'm not  sure how it's going to work.

In the good old days this is a job I use to do myself,  one room at a time, at different times. MS put an end to that!!  Now I'm having to pay to have the work done and figured I may as well get it all over with at once.

When I moved into my current home it had the strangest wallpaper everywhere.  Imagine; shiny  brown vinyl swirls, covered in big orange roses, or shiny white vinyl swirls, covered in giant lillies, trimmed in silver.  Add to that glossy white painted trim and a brick  fireplace painted in eye popping white gloss paint. Yes that was my dear little home when I move in. Oh yeah and the three different blue  floral papers in the kitchen with a contrasting wavy blue border!! Oh wait! I have to mention the pure white carpeting that was dirty from you just looking at it. How sweet was my  bedroom immersed in pink roses!! 

Amazing when I got rid of all that junk, which took me nearly a year of weekends and evenings; that the place looked pretty good. Under the crazy carpet, decent hardwood floors that just needed a good cleaning.

Then MS hit me really hard. All the work came to a dead halt.  I still have unfinished laminate floors that need to get done. One day I got up and I couldn't do anymore, spent a weekend in bed from awful dizzy spells,  and that was the end of that.

Now I'm just waiting on the paint guy to show up in order for me to pick colours. I really have no clue what they will be. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Yup....I hear ya.....MS halted everything for me too....

I bet you will choose AMAZING colours......remember, even "able-bodied" people get painters because it's such hard work...lol...

Julie M. Baker said...

I hope you enjoy your newly painted house and appreciate NOT having to do the work.

MS derailed me in the beginning, too, but with the help of a wide variety of things (disease modifying drugs--first Rebif, now Copaxone, monthly rounds of solumedrol for about a year, prayer, meditation, cranial sacral massage, reiki, yoga, and dietary changes), I feel like I am almost back to my old self before my diagnosis 2 1/2 years ago. I will always have the optic nerve issues/damage but my strength and stamina seem to have returned as long as I don't forget to get enough rest. I'm not sure which thing is helping so I just keep doing all of them.

I'm not saying this to boast. I know everyone is not so fortunate. I just want to give you and others hope that maybe your new normal will, one day, bring you closer to where you used to be. In the meantime, I LOVE paying to have other people do stuff when I can afford it. I save my energy for the fun stuff, like dancing.

Lazy Julie