Sunday, January 9, 2011

Alphabet Blogging: A-Z

A is for Anxiety

Last night I came up with an idea to  write about topics based on a letter of the alphabet from A-Z

Yeah I could have gone for the obvious : angioplasty; but enough of that for now, because last night I also had an anxiety attack. Now before you have me rushing to the doctor to get some pills and therapy please note that I refuse to allow emotions to take over my life. I faced that anxiety and got over it. I think the attack has more to do with frustration.The frustration of knowing that there are things and people that I can't change, so I have to make decisions about how I must change to cope with it.

I was sitting listening to my favourite radio show on Saturday night ( that will be my N alphabet post) and that's when the anxiety hit. I didn't want the music and the talk to be over. I didn't want a new week to begin. I don't want to go to the nuerologist tomorrow, nor go to the office on Wednesday. I don't want to call the plumber, to come once again to fix the crappy pipes in my old house. I don't want to go out in the cold,  wear my winter coat, and trudge through the snow. I just wanted time to be frozen; sitting listening to beautiful music,  stories, and poetry read by  Marilyn Lightstone.  Her soothing voice so seductive, so calming.

It's going to be an unpleasant week, but I have to face it head on. So many decisions to make.


A is for Art

Here's some art from my friend Sourav"Blame it on Your Parents" I'll post a link to his website as soon as he gets back to me in case you may want to see more and possibly buy something. He's trying to save money to go to Vancouver Film School.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How about an "A" for your entry? :)

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

Taxingwoman said...

Thanks Patrick Happy New Year!!