Friday, February 12, 2010

Dr. Zamboni Comes To Hamilton

Italian vascular surgeon Dr. Paolo Zamboni was in Hamilton on February 8th 2010!!

Dr. Zamboni urged doctors to be more open to his ideas during a conference at St. Joseph's Hospital -- his first North American appearance since his theory of "chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency" gained worldwide attention in the fall.

The cost to fund a trial of similar research as that of Dr. Zamboni, at St Joseph's, is estimated to be $500,000. So far they have raised $50,000 with the MS Society expected to donate $100,000.

Charity Intelligence Canada, has released a report recommending that Canadians direct their MS donations to this initiative. Read the report here and please give!!

I am so excited !! I'm going to pester my doctor to try and get me into the trials when they start. I know that I have restricted blood flow in my neck veins. That was confirmed by an ultra sound last year. I will do anything I can to be a part of this.

Stay tuned for updates !!!!

Right now it's time to watch the opening games of the Vancouver Winter Olympics.

No comments: