Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sun Worshipping Long Past

Here I am on the beach in Toronto. It was sometime during the 1970's, not sure of the actual date. That was back when I was a sun worshiper. I spent as much time as I could at the pool or on the beach tanning.

How different things are now, that I can barely stand being in the sun.

After the cancer scares about too much sun, I started weaning myself off long tanning sessions. I tried those fake tan creams. Gave them up because I can't stand how they smell and they clogged my pores. Now because of MS, I avoid the sun and use leg makeup and bronzer's.
The current trend is back to sunbathing . All that natural vitamin D that's also free of charge. Yeah vitamin D has replaced C and E, as the new miracle nutrient. I wonder how long it will take for it to be replaced by another wonder supplement ?
Think I'll stick to the tablets and sitting in the shade.

So what do think? Is the sun friend or foe ? Do you sunbathe ?


4 comments:

Yuki Bara said...

"We are the children of the night, we hate the day, we're hiding in the shadows, to the moon we pray..." I hate the sun. Always have, always will. I'm pale as death and loving it. It just means less makeup I have to put on...

You look very pretty in that photo! Stay in the shade, avoid the UVA and UVB rays, and stay pale. Paleness used to be a sign of wealth and high-standing and society, you know.

Unknown said...

I love to be pale and interesting. I'm fair skinned and burn way too easily, and also don't do well in the heat.

My mother has always seen the sun as a cure all... in my teens she recommended it for acne and now since reading an article about Vitamin D and MS she recommends it as a therapy again!

Taxingwoman said...

Hi! ladies Yeah it's the shade for me and a hat and sunglasses in the sun.

Diane J Standiford said...

I sun sprinkle. But I agree, what will the next great MS savior be? What atom will be the holy grail for health? Right.