Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So That's What You Look Like !

Had to attend a seminar at work today. I came face to face with a woman that I had only ever corresponded with for years. She didn't look anything at all like what I had imagined, which is no surprise. People never look like the way I picture them in my head. She is a very strong lawyer who works for the Department of Justice. I had this mental imagine of Portia, not the Shakespeare one, but the one from "Rumpole of The Bailey"
(played by Patricia Hodge).

I wonder if she thought the same of me ? Meaning that I didn't look the way she pictured me. Maybe she didn't even think about me at all.

As usual I am completely drained from my day in the office. Yes, the holidays are truly over

4 comments:

Yuki Bara said...

I always assume that people I haven't met will be better looking than me... Like celebrities or something. XD

+Rei+

Unknown said...

It's the 21st Century version of "electric doughnuts" from 'Bonfire of the Vanities' - people you only ever spoke on the phone with - so called because the mouthpiece of the phone (back in the day) looked a bit like a doughnut.

Taxingwoman said...

Hi! Nat Ah yes, I had a phone like that.

Diane J Standiford said...

I get a kick out of seeing people, we really do imagine them ahead of time.