Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tech World vs. The Real World





As the rest of the world deals with insane weather,we continue to deny it has anything to do with climate change. Why can't we just be honest and admit we are simply to lazy to do anything about it ?

Had an interesting discussion with some people about using technology. Yeah it's great to have all this stuff but at the same time it can be a huge hassle. I have a phone that does twenty things, a t.v. cable program with a million features, even my furnace has a program you could probable use to launch the space shuttle. Great stuff, except when it goes wrong, and Oh then doesn't it go horribly wrong.


Techies, leave well enough alone. Don't bog us down with dozens of apps if they are going to cause us aggravation. I'm the average user of technology and getting fed up up with the tyranny of the nerds. Don't you have a website you want to hack instead of pestering us with all this junk ; only to shrug when we need help sorting it out? Do you even know how the average person like me lives? Believe it or not I have a life outside of the tech world.I hate having it sucked up, wasting precious time figuring out all this junk. Yes it's superfluous junk that you try to convince me I need, but I don't.

3 comments:

Yuki Bara said...

Everything that is made for our "convenience" ends up making our lives more of a hassle. I'm not exactly up to speed on all this tech stuff, but that's fine with me. I'm perfectly content to be behind the times. I think I did a post similar to this one a few months ago...

+Rei+

Taxingwoman said...

Hi! Rei
Yeah I think that tech is the same as fashion "Less is more"

Diane J Standiford said...

You're singin my song. I am good at saying NO to new techy crap. We are not machines, we are humans.