Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations From A Cynic

Congratulations to America! Haven't got much to say about it ,as I'm very cynical about politics and politicians.
The new President is a man, not a God, and he's a politician. Sadly, due to the reckless policies of the current U.S. administration, the new President will not be able to keep many of his promises.

America, is bankrupt. There was never any money for health care, infrastructure, or education, but suddenly tons of cash was available for the private sector, from a government already heavily in debt . Now there really won't be any money for health care, infrastructure, etc. etc. Cynical ? you bet , and I'm not the only one
and this guy , who is extreme, and slightly mad, but I do love his column

I'm not letting my own country off the hook or the rest of the world. We were all of us blind greedy fools , and now the party is over. The hangover will take a very long time to recover from.

Maybe I'm just cranky, as this week isn't going so great . I'm home again today exhausted and in pain . The doctor's office called on Monday, to set up an appointment for November 28th. Usually when there's good news, the doctor calls me himself. I can only guess that he found something interesting in my spinal fluid and wants to tell me in person. Not that he's going to say anything I don't already know. I'm well aware of what's happening to my body and brain and there ain't much he, or I, or anybody, can do about it . There's no miracle drug out there for me ( including the latest find, alemtuzumab).
From now on it's all about preserving what I've got and making the most of it while I can. I'm cool with that.
The cable guy is coming over this evening to move the modem. I'm looking forward to having a newer faster computer( see all past posts on computer and tech woes)

No comments: