Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter: Good , Bad, and Horrific

Well the ham turned out great as well as the home made scalloped potatoes and the pie. Yummy, although there is so much leftover I'm sure we will be sick of it and say "yuck ham" after a few meals. I'm going to freeze a batch to save for an "I don't feel like cooking night" which usually happens by the end of the week.

Had my picture taken with the Easter Bunny yesterday. I'm not posting it because It's awful. Can't believe how worn out I look. Maybe getting back to my exercise routine will perk me up.I've been able to get out for a walk ever day this past week and am planning to go back to the Y swim program this May. So maybe my blob days are over! Only thing is,the last few days I find getting out of bed is rough. I feel like I just want to stay there all day. As soon as I think that I get up, because I think of all the people who are bed bound who wish they could.
It is frustrating though to feel not much better in the morning than I did the night before.I can't remember the last time I had a refreshing sleep.

As far as the news this week end: I watched two very disturbing news video(warning please don't view these if you are around children).One showing the police assault on British G20 protester Ian Tomlinson, who died as a result. The other showing two brutal murders, at the beginning of the Rwandan genocide 15 years ago. Those who are supposed to serve and protect didn't and those who should have didn't. These two incidents leave me wondering if we are at all civilized.

2 comments:

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,

Both of the examples you use Ian Tomlinson and Rwanda do pose the question aren't we civilised.

Considering all the achievements we should be civilised but.....

Religion and other such superstitions do keep us in the Dark Ages.

Have a good Easter Monday.
Love,
Herrad

Taxingwoman said...

Love ya back herrad :)