Sunday, April 5, 2009

Home Office

The deal is, I get to work at home for two days per week till the end of April. If all goes well, it will be full time in May. I'm signed up for a few seminars this month and need to get my laptop up to speed to use it at home That's why it's part time for now.
The struggle isn't over yet. I'd go into more details but I'm so wasted from setting up my home office . Naturally it's one of the most inconvenient weekends, when there's nobody around to help. I pushed myself to do it because the security inspection is on Tuesday and I just know they are looking for excuses to hold things up. Am I cynical and paranoid ? Yup.
What is really sad ,is people will only do things when they are forced to and everything ends up being a fight. Why can't we be decent to each other ?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, you are winning the war, battle by battle.

Full speed ahead.

Good job!

Anne

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,


Your home office sounds great.
Good luck with getting it all organized.
Love,
Herrad

Taxingwoman said...

Thanks ladies ! I'll be posting an update the end of the week.

Diane J Standiford said...

I waited years before I was allowed to work from home. I had to sign all these papers saying I would do this and that and they could inspect without notice, blah blah blah---they never did a single thing; I knew they wouldn't, no time. Working from home is wonderful. I am so happy you got it.

Reut said...

Carole,

how exciting about the home office!!! Too bad I don't live a bit closer, I would have gladly come to help :o)

Taxingwoman said...

Thanks for the offer Reut !
Diane I had to sign my life away, but it's worth it