Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Huge Cookies

Lots of good mail today, including huge hazelnut wafer cookies from Czech Republic. Enough for many tea drinking sessions.







A tiring week so far. At work It's like trench warfare. I gain some ground, then lose some, then fall back, and then gain a tiny patch. At least my new union rep. is getting results. She has come up with an alternate plan regarding my work which I am seriously considering. Nice to know that I have options. Why do all the options involve reams for forms having to be filled out?

Local news is about the shut down of the steel plant, US Steel Canada. 1500 workers out of a job, due to weak demand for steel, and a sharp drop in commodity prices. That's a big loss of good paying jobs in a small city like Hamilton
Where and when will it end ?

The last few nights I have been waking up feeling faint. A strange feeling to be lying down and fainting. I also have the occasional whoosing sound in my ears.

I may come back later and add a few items Right now I just feel way too tired.

4 comments:

Herrad said...

Take care hope you feel better after resting.
Love,
Herrad

Taxingwoman said...

Thanks Herrad

Diane J Standiford said...

Hmmm, whoosing in ears...might get that checked out...unless you sleep with a seashell. Our steel plants closed years ago...yes, the world is screwed up. ^&*()

Taxingwoman said...

Diane you're right but I'm in no mood to go to the doctor right now.