Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Other Stuff I Like

Before I get started. I was mistaken that Anne's blog, Disabled Not Dead, had been deleted. Happily, it is still available. Sorry Anne, Not the first time Blogger has confused me.

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I would talk about non MS blogs and websites that I enjoy, or at least find useful. Maybe one of you out there might find them interesting . Just check out my "Other Stuff I Like", links. I'll start with the National Film Board.

When I was a kid my teachers in grade school would show films on Friday afternoons. I use to look forward to it unless it was a National Film Board one, and most of the other kids felt the same. As soon as I saw the NFB logo I would think "boring". Well what can you expect from an 11 year old who's idea of culture was watching Commander Tom, on tv and wasted Saturday afternoons watching Hammer films at the Prince of Wales theatre.
Even if I did like something I wouldn't admit it because Canadian films just weren't cool back then. Now I realize that the film board really does have some good stuff.

They have animated shorts you can view. One of my favourites being "The Log Driver's Waltz" sung by Kate and Anna McGarrigle. Kate the mother of Rufus Wainwright. I was watching it the other day and my son commented: "how lame and corny", so you know it must be good.

Go ahead, take a break from YouTube and have a look .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carole: You weren't mistaken. It was deleted and not it is not. LOL After I got my medication problems solved, I decided to "undelete" using blogger button. Thanks for keeping up. One of MS's challenges.

Taxingwoman said...

Yay! Anne Glad there is an un delete button