Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Laundry !

You know times are strange when I can get excited about doing laundry.

Finally the washing machine I bought a month ago is working properly. I feel vindicated too.
The repair guy kept insisting over the phone that: 1. the machine wasn't balanced properly (it was) 2. It wasn't hooked up properly(it was) 3. I didn't understand how to use a front loading machine(what's there to know ?) Turns out the circuit board was faulty and had to be replaced
Now the machine works like a charm ! I'm saving the old board to go along with the old computer hard drive and some other bits and pieces of tech garbage. I might make a sculpture ?"tech fail"?

Have to face it, the doctor is right, I'm having a relapse. Heavy tingling in my hands, wonky balance,twitches, tremors, and sparkly in my right eye. I'm also making more and more spelling mistakes, and not just when I type. It happens when I write too. I don't seem to be able to put the letters in the right order. It made me cry, because I think what a fool I am to have believed that my MS was going away and that maybe I would never have another attack.

Talked with my union rep. today. She claims she is pushing ahead to get me tele work. She too is frustrated with the delay of the Health Canada report. She also noticed I was a bit unsteady on my feet. Progress? I'm not sure. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes. I know when I was a union steward years ago, I was always uncomfortable with how cosy the upper echelons of the union were with management. Still though, the union would get a boost if it were successful to get me tele work So many people want it and would benefit from it. Just hope I don't go bankrupt in the meantime.

Now I have to go check out Wellsphere and see what it's all about. I'll comment tomorrow if I have the energy.

3 comments:

Synchronicity said...

So glad to hear your washing machine is working. It is horrible when the appliances start to malfunction.

I have those thoughts too that...gee maybe the MS will just go away and even that maybe they made a mistake in seeing lesions. Maybe someone just spilled some white out.

I hope you feel better soon and also...wanted to let you know Doctor Sethi has answered your question and you can find his response here:

http://www.healthcentral.com/multiple-sclerosis/c/73302/55261/answers

I do believe we will be doing this type of question and answer forum with the doctor again so I will be sure to let you know about it.

Thank you so much for participating.

Unknown said...

Hurrah that the washing machine is fixed at last, and even more hurrah that they finally found out it was faulty (even though it did take so long!).

Sorry to hear about your relapse. It is too bad that work have to 'see' that you aren't well before they really can accept it - same happened to me last year :(

Hope healthwise things look up for you soon.

Taxingwoman said...

Thanks your support lsdies.
Not that I want others to have MS, but it's good to know others are out there and understand what I'm going through.