Monday, March 3, 2008

Tooth saga continues

Well the dentist gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me to come back next week. Have to get the tooth yanked. It's not so bad since I've been accepted at the university to get dental implants . The graduate students assist the professor to learn how to do it. It costs about a third of what I would normally pay which I could never afford. One thing where I work, we don't have a very good dental plan.

The pharmacist looked at me in disbelief when I said I hadn't taken any antibiotics for years . I know they are a another medication that is heavily abused. Now so many germs are becoming resistant to them. So far I've only had two pills and it's working great. Just shows that moderation is best, especially true with drugs !
A very good website to help if you want to get off any drug safely is The Road Back. They have free information on how to get off Benzodiazepines, anti depressants, anti psychotics, etc. and how to deal with withdrawal without taking other drugs ( yes the doctor will prescribe another addictive drug to help you cope with withdrawal) . I don't think most people are aware how easy it is to become addicted to these drugs or how serious the withdrawal can be.


I've added another link, Tim Matheson's Productivity Blog. He has lots of useful tips ranging from how to squeeze a lemon, to avoiding online data theft. Hey! after all, I can't always find MS stuff.

When this tooth starts behaving I'll write about last year's "Ides of March" and my twitching face .

No comments: