Thursday, January 24, 2008

A quick update . Today I was approved to work at home . All this time trying to get a medical accommodation and now it's finally happening. Can't really go into details except to say that sometimes good can come from bad. Now I'll be able to carry on working longer .
Won't have to worry if I have a dizzy spell or a memory blank out. I can make a cup of tea and sit on the couch for awhile before I get back to business .Won't have to worry so much about how I look and won't have to do all that exhausting socializing.
I'm still planning to retire in 2 years but today, truly, I was considering taking a serious financial hit and packing it in for good. I have to thank a union rep.( first time I've ever had to use one) who talked me out of it and got things moving . She actually knew something about MS ! Not that I expect anyone to know about it I sure didn't know anything when I was diagnosed Still it does make things easier when you don't have to explain it all over again. ( for the hundreth time)
It means a move to a different job which is OK . One I have done before although that was over 10 years ago. Maybe it will be like riding a bicycle .They are much more open to different work arrangements than where I am now so it's worth a shot.
I have the day off tomorrow Hooray !

Next week should be interesting. Nothing new to say about MS tonight except that there are times when I wish I did look "sick". I get very tired of hearing how good I look. Maybe I read too much into it.

No comments: