Friday, January 18, 2008

A very cold Friday. Left work early today. I knew it was time to go home when I goofed up one of my files and then couldn't remember what I wanted to do with it. I also had that strange numb feeling on the left side of my forehead. The walk home in the cold revived me a bit although not for long. It's a typical dead beat Friday evening for me.
I checked out a few MS blogs and now I'm so annoyed that I forgot to bookmark one that had some very good links. I can't remember what it was called either. Interesting reading so far.

So many people taking drugs for their MS. I'm very reluctant to start any drug treatment of any kind. The first appointment I had with the neurologist and I was amazed that after only talking to me for about 10 minutes he was ready to dish out all kinds of drugs . Allertec, Amantadine, anti depressants and sleeping pills. Wow ! You mean I'm supposed to take all of these? All addictive and all have side effects. Oh I don't care what drug it is they all have side effects. And how long am I supposed to go on taking all this stuff ? A year?, ten years ?,twenty ? I know anti depressants don't work. I could fill several page with data to support this belief. Including a recent article in the New York Times, that said drug companies have suppressed reports that suggest most don't work or are very short term. And I'm not depressed.He was prescribing them to counter act the effects of the Allertec! It keeps you alert but you don't want to be too alert I guess!

I like sleeping pills but I only use them once or twice a week. The reason? They are highly addictive and over time you have to keep increasing the dose. Wonderful! Besides,that odd metallic taste they leave in my mouth tells me they can't be good for my digestive system.

I admit they are very tempting .That wonderful oblivion when my mind shuts off and my body relaxes. Lovely.
Think I'll try and see if I can find that blog again.

No comments: