Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Amantadine

Starting my drugs tomorrow morning. Amantadine. Funny thing is I already have a bottle of these pills. The last doctor I had prescribed them. I didn't trust him which made me suspicious of anything he recommended. How can you trust a doctor who makes you sit around waiting for an hour and then when you finally do see him he barely has five minutes to spend with you ? And of those five minuted is busy shuffling through your file because he can't remember you.

My new doctor spends lots of time talking to me and even phones ! OK doc I trust you so I'll try this stuff. The side effects are mild at least, except I'm not thrilled about possible insomnia or constipation. I already have enough trouble sleeping.

Yes, if I could have one wish it would be to sleep through the night. I'm not greedy, six hours would do me fine.

Question: How many new blogs are started every day ? 7,000, 30,000 120,00 ?
Answer tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your Amantadine.

The trick to avoid any adverse effects on sleep is to try and take it before mid day I've found.

Hope you're side effect free too... the only ones I've ever noticed that the first time I start taking it (after a break or whatever) I feel completely spaced out... but only lasts for a few hours anyway.

Taxingwoman said...

Thanks nat. I'm starting out with one at breakfast and then next week: one at breakfast one at lunch.