Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Downtown






















Here's a couple of shots I took today in Gore Park. Queen Victoria and the fountain.

I was so in the dumps, I decided to go for a walk downtown at lunch " when you're alone and life is making you lonely, you can always go downtown". Not a bad little park considering that the rest of the downtown is pretty scuzzy. Every new mayor talks about urban renewal and that's it , talk.
Even though right now I'm working with some nice people I feel so isolated at work, like I don't belong, don't fit in. Maybe it's because my future is so uncertain. I keep telling myself things will get better and yet I don't feel it is so. It's only Wednesday of a short week and I'm exhausted.

Besides that ,my son is working the evening shift and I haven't seen him for two days. I really miss him being around and telling me how terrible the world is. It's actually fun to have a nihilist teenager in the house.

I had so many other things I wanted to mention but they have gone completely out of my head.

I did find it cool that despite China filling Beijing, with 100,000 soldiers , 400,000 volunteer security people, arresting and jailing every dissident, and blanketing the city with security cameras, that protesters still managed to unfurl a "Free Tibet" banner right near the Olympic stadium. When will we ever learn that oppression never prevails !

2 comments:

Reut said...

Hi Carole,

just dropping a line to say hello. The picture of the water fountain is gorgeous!

It'll be interesting to see if there would be any protests during the actual games...

Reut

Diane J Standiford said...

We may never learn. Hey, love the pics. Lion---ROAR