Sunday, February 10, 2008

MS Super Cities Walk

Today my son reminded me about the MS Super Cities Walk . All over Canada cities host a walk to raise money for MS research and support services. Check out the MS Society of Canada website in my links for details.
April 13, 2008 is when we walk here in Hamilton. Last year I did the longer walk and I hope I can do it again this year. The beauty of it is I don't have to decide until I get out there. They have the course set up so that it's easy enough to stop if you feel like it or keep going . Afterwards there's a lunch provided by some local restaurants. Last year the weather was nice and we had a good time .

I found out that Aaron Solowoniuk , the drummer for " Billy Talent" has MS. He raises money for scholarships for students with MS or those who have a parent with MS. Anyone in Canada under the age of 25, attending a post secondary institution( university or college) can apply . Once again see the MS Canada website for more information.

If my blog is still going and I do the walk , I'll post some pictures here .

No comments: