Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Leaving Sooner

The grocery guy just left. It's the best thing having groceries delivered. I can't imagine going back to pushing a cart around at the super market, especially now that they are super centers . It takes about two hours in one of those places to get the shopping done. Do people really need to buy tires and food at the same store ? And those mega carts ! Fill one of those up and it weighs a ton, impossible to push . And the line ups, and the loading, and unloading, and sorting. No thanks.
I even bought shoes online this week They had free shipping , so why not? The shoes fit fine too.
I use to like shopping and I still do. I just can't handle big stores and crowds Too tiring.

Speaking of tiring: Today I was the super, mega, zombie woman, and have only now perked up a bit. Annoying because last night I had a good natural sleep for once. It just doesn't seem possible that I can be that tired . Fatigued , tired, those words really don't describe the feeling at all. It's like every drop of blood has been sucked out of my body.

I've decided to take my 3 months leave sooner, starting in May rather than June. I need to take advantage of the mild weather to work on my backyard and garden, which are a total disaster . I've been too sick the last few summers to give my garden the attention it needs. My son is a pretty good helper, but that poor garden need some TLC. The snow has melted and I can see what a mess it is back there. I'm afraid to go in the yard. If the summer is the way it was last year we will have blazing heat by the time June arrives and gardening will be out.

Besides, I'm so tired and so fed up with the work situation that I don't think I can last another 2 months. I'm down to 23 hours of sick time and I know it's going to get used up pretty quick. I've used more sick time the last 7 months than I have in years. My plan is to come back to work in August and then immediately go on a couple weeks vacation. That will take me into September and by then maybe the stupid ones will have made a decision about my fate.
I hate planning my life out like that, however it seems to be the only way that I can keep going.

So only another 4 weeks left to crawl into that place and then I get a break.

Now since I'm feeling better I'm going to do a bit of cooking. Home made spaghetti sauce and
a pot roast in the slow cooker.

An article in the Star today about a new website mydoctor.ca . Looks promising . That is if doctors have time for it.

No comments: