Saturday, April 12, 2008

Getting Ready for the Walk


I was checking the route for the walk tomorrow and noticed it's the same one as last year, through a very quiet residential area. I remember there wasn't a single person from the neighborhood outside that day, cheering us on . It was so quiet, it was kind of creepy. The walkers were also very quiet. Guess we didn't want to disturb any body's Sunday lie in.

Why aren't we loud and visible ? Sure, I know it's about raising money, but isn't also to raise awareness ? Why can't they block off a busy street for us, like they do for the Santa parade and all the marathons ? I can't help but feel a little disappointed. Is that petty of me ?

The weather looks like it's going to be the same as last year too. Cool and damp. Well I can't control Mother Nature , so I better wear a warm jacket.

No comments: