Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mini Vacation Over

It's back to the poison machine tomorrow. That's my son's term for where I work, and very fitting. I have a meeting and a training seminar . Yuck ! I find all that difficult to deal with and would prefer to just sit at my desk and work. The whole phony socializing thing is really hard for me to do now. I guess it's because I feel like I should save what precious little energy I have , for important things.

The weather was a surprisingly mild 14C today, so I psyched myself up to do a bit of yard
work . Then, after an early dinner, I psyched myself again to go for a walk. Seems that I do a lot of that these days. I have to talk myself into doing almost everything, otherwise I would most likely curl up in a ball on the couch and watch movies all day. The exercise does help lift my mood, so it's worth the effort.

I did watch 2 Kung Fu movies this morning"Drunken Master" with Jackie Chan and "Dragon vs Vampire " a very strange film with Chinese, Kung Fu vampires. It's hard to get use to getting up in the morning and feeling just as tired as when I went to bed. So it's nice to have a morning were I don't have to do anything but watch movies. A real luxury.
I seem to be having more and more difficulty typing . I make so many mistakes . Thank goodness for spell check.

2 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

JC in Drunken Master ROCKS!

Taxingwoman said...

Yeah I hadn't seen it in ages and it was really good. I like the bit were JC calls a lady an old hag. She responds by lifting her leg up parallel to her body and kicks him in the face.